Santander Consumer Usa - Don't Ever Finance Your Car with Santander Consumer Unless You Enjoy Harassment
I had a similar experience where I had a medical issue and was only 62 days past due.I received no notice of default or intent to repossess and I worked for an auto financing company for 10 years.
Yes my credit is in the toilet from medical bills, and the only place that would finance me is Santander, which went under the name of RoadWay I believe when I was at the dealer. My rate was 14.99% and I was financed for 72 months! This is the highest rate and longest term I've ever been financed at. Anyway, they came one morning to take my car, after I had called to make payment arrangements 3 days earlier.
I agreed to give my keys to the guy as not to cause trouble and he was just doing his job. He was kind and let me get my stuff out of my car and told me where my car would be. I contacted Santander immediately and they told me I had to pay $772 to bring the account current plus storage fees. Of course this happened on a Friday, so there was no way I was going to be able to get the money to them on time plus come up with the storage which was $150 a day.
I called and spoke with the storage place and explained my situation- they were super nice and said they wouldn't charge me a daily fee and would only charge me a flat fee of $150 until I could come get my car on that Tues as I also needed to get a ride there. I called Santander on Monday with the information from Western Union. They said they would fax the release information to the storage place's home office in Wisconsin (hello- I and the storage place are in Illinois) and they would let their storage place know- hopefully in time before they received the order that the tow truck was coming to pull the auto to the auction yard to Chicago. I was like- I just paid you.
Santander said, yes, but it was repo'd on Friday and the notice to tow to auction was sent out on Monday morning. Needless to say I was pissed off. Luckily I called the storage place and they said they hadn't received the notice of auction yet but they did receive the repo release, so even if the right to auction tow came through they already had the repo release so the tow wouldn't happen. I got my car on Tuesday, the storage place was so nice.
Ever since then, if I'm a day late, Santander starts calling me 4-8 times a day to remind me I'm late. I so want to get my car refinanced with someone else. I feel they are mentally harassing me. I'm considering legal action.
Don't ever finance with them!!!They are a nightmare and play be their own rules!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "I got car car loan with Santander USA. I have made payments on my automobile every month. I know twice I called in and told the company I was unable..."
- "WFG is a complete joke. I myself have now as of yesterday been targeted to be recruited twice now. Both experiences were that of a greedy, uneducated individual with no..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."