Santander Consumer Usa - Don't Ever Finance Your Car with Santander Consumer Unless You Enjoy Harassment
I had a similar experience where I had a medical issue and was only 62 days past due.I received no notice of default or intent to repossess and I worked for an auto financing company for 10 years.
Yes my credit is in the toilet from medical bills, and the only place that would finance me is Santander, which went under the name of RoadWay I believe when I was at the dealer. My rate was 14.99% and I was financed for 72 months! This is the highest rate and longest term I've ever been financed at. Anyway, they came one morning to take my car, after I had called to make payment arrangements 3 days earlier.
I agreed to give my keys to the guy as not to cause trouble and he was just doing his job. He was kind and let me get my stuff out of my car and told me where my car would be. I contacted Santander immediately and they told me I had to pay $772 to bring the account current plus storage fees. Of course this happened on a Friday, so there was no way I was going to be able to get the money to them on time plus come up with the storage which was $150 a day.
I called and spoke with the storage place and explained my situation- they were super nice and said they wouldn't charge me a daily fee and would only charge me a flat fee of $150 until I could come get my car on that Tues as I also needed to get a ride there. I called Santander on Monday with the information from Western Union. They said they would fax the release information to the storage place's home office in Wisconsin (hello- I and the storage place are in Illinois) and they would let their storage place know- hopefully in time before they received the order that the tow truck was coming to pull the auto to the auction yard to Chicago. I was like- I just paid you.
Santander said, yes, but it was repo'd on Friday and the notice to tow to auction was sent out on Monday morning. Needless to say I was pissed off. Luckily I called the storage place and they said they hadn't received the notice of auction yet but they did receive the repo release, so even if the right to auction tow came through they already had the repo release so the tow wouldn't happen. I got my car on Tuesday, the storage place was so nice.
Ever since then, if I'm a day late, Santander starts calling me 4-8 times a day to remind me I'm late. I so want to get my car refinanced with someone else. I feel they are mentally harassing me. I'm considering legal action.
Don't ever finance with them!!!They are a nightmare and play be their own rules!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "Libby Muelhaupt wins Internet Liable suit against John "Twinkle Toes" Common. Proves in court John Common is a liar! June 19, 2013: Libby Muelhaupt (acknowledging she will never see the..."
- "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid, I'll be posting anonymously cause I am in one of their offices, I write my reviews when I'm in Sacramento to fool them. But I received..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."