1.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

In 2012 I filed Chapter 13. Finished repayment of Chapter 13 in December 2017.

In early 2017 my car died and I was forced to purchase a car before the end of the Chapter 13 repayment plan. Went through Trustee, lawyers, every T crossed and I dotted. Santander USA was the only company that agreed to finance me. Happy dance....

For nine months, everything went wonderfully. Customer service was excellent. I paid religiously, using their online payment portal. I paid above & beyond amount due every month, and paid early.

In November 2017 I went to make my November payment and my account had been disabled. Must be a mistake or computer glitch..... so I call customer service. I am told that they just "audited" my account and found that I am under Chapter 13, so they disabled my online account and stopped sending me paper statements.

This was done without so much as a notification to me. I scrambled to make my November payment on time, having to go through direct pay through my bank. After 9 months of stellar service, I am suddenly sub-human. Not even "entitled" to have a statement mailed to me.

I now have ZERO access to my account, cannot monitor my payments -- oh I can call them and confirm that a payment has posted to my account, but that is all I am "entitled" to. The bankruptcy was filed in 2012. All of this happened AFTER going through weeks of legal steps to ensure that purchase of the car was done accurately, legally, and the Trustee gave it her stamp of approval. For 9 months Santander reported favorably to credit bureaus, even so far as to reduce the amount outstanding on the loan (I paid above and beyond amount due every month).

Now they will not report to credit bureau. My last payment, according to TransUnion & Equifax was in October, 2017. The bankruptcy was over as of December 2017. Yet, I remain sub-human.

Even the electric company mails a statement every month! I have had to hire an attorney to deal with this sham of an organization.

After 5 years of bankruptcy, NOW I find myself being treated like absolute total garbage. Being a captive customer because of the Chapter 13, they went from months and months of stellar service to treating me less than human.

Review about: Santander Consumer Usa Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: give me back full access to my account, my ability to pay AS I CHOOSE, report favorable payment history to credit bureaus, mail me a goddam statement every month.

I didn't like: Being treated like garbage.

Comments