Albuquerque, New Mexico

I too have been having problems with Santander Consumer USA. My orginal loan was through Citifinancial Auto. In September 2010 i was sent a letter stating i Santander would be the third-party servicer for part of its auto loan/retail installment contract portfolio. As part pf this transaction you auto loan/retail installment contract is still owned by CitiFinancial Auto but will be serviced by Santander Consumer USA effective 9/6/10.

In the letter it stated my original financed amount: $20,899.70 and my balance remaining $16,114.97 and the maturity date of 3/23/2013. Since receiving this letter I have been paying $479.00 per month which I calucated to $4790.00 that I have paid in the last 10 months. When I called for a payoff amount they gave the amount of $14,285.00. So all that money i paid only $1829.00 was applied to my remaining balance.

I've contacted Santander and asked for a payment history. I also tried getting online to check my account but of course I can't get into it. So they told me they would fax me the payment history and reset my log in. Is there anyway to get out of this company. I'm paying extra on something I should be paying. Any suggestions or advice? I have read all the complaints about this company and now its got me worried.

Review about: Car Loan.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $4000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Santander Consumer Usa?

Comments

divastyle

Well Im in the process of taking them to court because I purchased a 13000 truck and put down 5000.when i went to buy it out theyre saying i own another 15000..WTH.

There is no way I owe that much money. I've already put in about 12000 plus the 5000. Now let me say i have been late with my payments since i was laid off in 2010. Ive been trying to catch up since.

I still would like the judge to see this and if i can get others involved and we work together we might just win. I know someone who took their bank to court because of the similar situation and she won and the bank had to pay her some money. So it wouldn't hurt to do the same. For people like me who had their identity stolen and have bad credit cause of it banks look for those they can rip off.

I'm not having it. If you're interested and you want to take part of this you can email me at rhondaisfirst@yahoo.com with your contact number. I've been doing some research on santanderand they dont have good reviews and they're not accredited by the BBB. As a matter of fact, you should file a complaint against them.

They already have 3700 complaints.There is got to be a law against over charging financing.I'm definitely looking into it.

divastyle

its called bad credit and simp

get good credit first u have bad credit that's why u are with santander or citi they only finance sub-prime credit customers and your loan is simple interest not precomputed loan if your late that's interest per day read your contract not all of your payment are going to go to principle balance

Cayle

Home run! Great slugging with that asenwr!

Barbie

Woah nelly, how about them appels!

Chris

I am a Finance Manager in the Automotive field and deal with these people. All you have to do is mention the Attorney General and they will get you what ever information you need. The Federal Government is cracking down on banks like this.

2006 haundi tiburon

these people suck...i got a car for 13.000.00$ and its 28.000.00$ loan all together ive paid 325.00 plus a month and only down to 9.900.00$ 27 payments later and no one can tell me how to pay on princepil or y it is every time i make extrea on the payment by the next paymet its a full one again.

not only did they more than double the owed of car the w intrest they also charge a daily fee of around 6$.. wtf????

help!!!!!!is this legal??

eb

Have similiar issue with the overcharging:

A) Payoff Quote more than balance

B) 1-1/2 years ahead in payments and they still deduct interest and only apply a lesser amount to balance.

D) After being 1-1/2 years ahead in payments, they still want a full payment to be due in December.

C) They are "SLOW" at applying my final payoff...will see if they will honor payoff quote.