1.2
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

My Dodge Durango was 4 payments away from being paid off when i was laid off.My contract with citifinacial auto who was bought out by Santander.

Besides geyting a english american on the phone they are horrible. I contacted the Ceos office to try to figure out gow to work out things. I had paid 37000 into a 24000 loan...the car was not even worth 1200 as transmission went out . in my original loan docs...itstated i had up to 8 deferments no penalty.

Santander not only did not comply with the terms but instead tacked on 50% interest to the payments that were defferred and when all was said and done prior to me filing chapter 7. They tried to say i still owed them 10000 on a loan i had been paying on for over 6 years!!! To make things better when i knew they were not going to work with me...i told them to come get the car and offered to surrender the car. Not only did they not come get the car but they waited 2 years!!!!!

It was only when i finnally called then and told them if they were not going to get the car to release the title that they finnaly came after my discharge! Not only did they threaten me...and force me to turn in tags buttheb i hadto store the car for 2 years as transmission was dead and they flagged the title....but they also claimed it as a repo.

Never will i ever do business with them or referanyone to them.Let me add we had two cars at the time....and chases the other finace company did work with me and no issues....to put that in perspective i had the durango for 6 years...i had the other for for a little over 2 years..santander did not even seem to show remorse or care that i was going through a horrible time..and offered no help!!!!

Review about: Santander Consumer Usa Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments